Sunday, January 18, 2009

a tree

Zach went hunting this weekend and I took it upon myself to do a little project of my own. Hopefully... if you were a judger of a the bright orange... you can start to see the vision with this project. I knew all along I wanted a tree on the wall in the room somewhere...and I finally arrived at the right idea. I painted a silver tree on the wall and used fabric scraps to collage leaves (and one tiny bird) all around. I hope this is something our little man will enjoy looking at (and lets be honest, probably picking at) for a while to come.



Im starting to feel like it needs more leaves. Input? I decided to stop when I felt like it was possible for me to go overboard (I have been known to do that) but now I'm considering more... opinions welcome.







I love fabric.

4 comments:

brown eyed blogg said...

carrrrrrrrrrrr

i love what you have done!!!!!! cant wait to come visit asap!!!!!

Jen Harwell said...

Amazing!!! You are one talented Mommy!! Porter is going to love his new room.

Kirsten said...

love. it.

Callie said...

carrie - this is Callie (Gordon) Smith and my mom told me about your blog after they had dinner with your parents. Oh my word...this tree is amazing!! You are so talented!!!! I can't wait to see the rest of the nursery!