Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer is winding down...

and Im in complete denial. I want this to last forever! We have had so much fun swimming and running and playing and just hanging out. There were so many moments this summer where I thought -man, I hope I never forget that. Lots of moments when P would look up at me and say hi or give me a hug or bring me something delightful that he found in the trash. It really is the small things...

Here are a few pics from today in the backyard. I swear the child does smile and he loves being outside. Right when we went outside he was totally fascinated by the new next door neighbor's dog... Like so fascinated he couldn't do anything besides stand at the fence and yell 'doggie' (dooooiiiieee)... and then he always follows that up with a 'ruufff' (but it only comes out as 'ffffffffff' -cutest thing he does) I was trying so hard to get him to be interested in smiling for the camera, but to no avail. He just kept looking at me like 'Seriously, stop taking pictures there is a DOG over there!' and then some of the 'Mom, why don't we have a dog?' looks. Someday when he realizes how much I hate dog hair and how much Zach hates dogs jumping the fence (we loved you, Lily), he'll understand why we don't have a dog. Of course, as soon as I put the camera away he gave up on the dog and was totally mesmerized with the hose. At that point, I was to wet to get it back out.

Here are a few of porter's serious summer faces and one of him starting to get interested in the water fun.




spotted the dog and wants the hat off...


puhleaaase can we have a dog?








finally giving the water a go.

great day at the ryan house.

No comments: