Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Party '08



Do we really have to clean the house before people come over?
Yes.



Mom's famous Nutmeg cookies.



Peppermint Fudge. Mmmmm.



The mantle and a lovely mantle piece.

A simple note about throwing a party when you are 22 weeks pregnant. It's hard. I thought my feet were going to fall off and I had to be 'that wife' at the end of the night and ask the stragglers to leave at about 1am... but I think one of my big concerns about becoming pregnant (without proper planning :) was that our lives were going to change drastically and quickly without my control. To avoid that, I am trying to press on and carry out Ryan Life as usual. It may not last much longer, but I'm going to hang on to every last chance I have. We are thrilled about our new addition, but just honestly scared a little about what that means for life in the future. So far we are refusing to believe that the adventure ends here. It has only just begun. The party was a blast and my feet recovered. No regrets.



Sam and Courtney being vain. I kid, I kid...



Laura and Nikki



My favorite picture of Jonathan Greer to date.

I somehow forgot to take pics at the party except for this one moment in the kitchen... and these are the 3 I got. Enjoy.









3 comments:

Brooke said...

don't forget about the "drunk" picture from oktoberfest many moons ago...

Fern said...

Re: Jonathan Greer--inebriated or jocular? Mothers like to know these things.

(Carrie--caught your blog through Brooke's. I'll be keeping up with you, Z and + one so keep it clean. Just joshin' with you. I like to josh....Kathy)

jg said...

i guess if my mother has witnessed her 30 year old son do a keg-stand, this picture is tame.

however, i was quite sober in that pic, fyi.